Sunday, December 23, 2012

Winter Weddings

From a Wedding Officiant's perspective, I have often wondered why business is much slower from November through April. Yes, I do a few weddings in a month but hardly even close to the busy season of May through to the end of October. I suspect that many of the wedding professionals such as the Wedding Venues, Photographers, DJ's, Limo companies etc. feel the same pain during the winter. Please keep in mind that I am not speaking on behalf of anyone else in the wedding business. I am telling you what I have observed and have picked up from other people over the last several years. 

If you are considering a date and time for your wedding, please take note of what I feel would be some real benefits of having your wedding during what I call "the off season".
·         Venues are not so booked up and would probably be much more flexible with their pricing.
·         You can pick and choose your wedding start time as opposed to sometimes having to take what is left over.
·         You get to choose from the very best of the DJ's , Photographers, Officiants etc. because they are more than likely available on your day.
·         You will more likely be in a temperature controlled environment unless you want to do something more daring by having your wedding on a ski slope or something of that nature.

Summer weddings are beautiful, don't get me wrong, and it is always nice to have them outdoors but there are also disadvantages to that. On the occasion of inclement weather,  I have seen many disappointed brides who have had to make last minute changes and have their wedding indoors. You don’t want to have to settle for a space that is not up to par just because you have no choice but to move indoors.

I happened to come across this page consisting of tips for a winter wedding. Please enjoy!


Whenever and wherever your wedding happens to be, I would love nothing better than to be your Officiant.  All the best!

Norman M. Martin
Wedding Officiant - Oshawa



No comments:

Post a Comment