Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How do you want your Wedding Officiant to dress for your Wedding.

Many of the couples who contact me looking for a Wedding Officiant have no church background or religious connections whatsoever. These people, who represent the vast majority of couples who come to me, are very happy with the fact that I dress in a regular business suit and tie when I peform wedding ceremonies. It makes sense that if they don't or can't get married in a church, they do not want any religious content in their ceremonies that they wouldn't want me to appear in religious garb to perform their ceremonies.

Then there is another much smaller group who haven't attended church in many years but still desire some traditional religious content in their wedding ceremony. Seldom to these people want, or are able for one reason or another, to get married in a traditional church setting. It is always my delight to add religious content to their ceremony as well. Even then these couples are happy for me to come dressed in a suit and tie.

My personal belief is that it would be a deterrent to people to see me on my website dressed in a robe or clerical collar. How do you feel about it? I would be curious to get your feed back on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment